Corporate Training Programme
(Five or Ten Days)
- Strategic Management Concepts: To present various concepts and tools for strategic management
- Theory of Strategic Performance Management: To present concepts and tools;
- Theory of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): To describe the theory and concepts behind KPIs;
- Downstream petroleum: To relate KPIs to the petroleum industry, designed for upstream and downstream petroleum, petroleum products and natural gas;
- Practical exercises: To enable delegates to start to design Performance Measures for their own work environment.
After completing this course…
Who will benefit?
No previous experience is needed.
Theory and Concepts of Strategic Management and Measurement
1. Introduction to performance measurement
Participants’ current understanding of performance measures
How bad measures affect organisations
2. Concepts for Strategic Management
Diagnosing strategic capability (value chain, external environment, internal environment, gap analysis); Corporate strategy and the planning cycle; Strategic planning and business analysis tools (BCG, PESTEL, 5 forces, SWOT, benchmarking, strategy maps)
3. Balanced Scorecard
Financial; Customer; Internal process; Learning and growth; Flowchart; Common balanced scorecard measures; Strategy and the balanced scorecard; Times measures
4. Concepts of KPIs
Results Indicators; Key Results Indicator; Performance Indicator; Key Performance Indicator; Comparing KRIs and KPIs; Leading and lagging KPIs; Best practice toolkits; Foundation stones for implementing KPIs; Management models that influence KPIs; Dashboards; Benchmarking; Myths about KPIs
5. Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
Strategic planning process; Critical Success Factors; Cascade process; CSFs and KPIs; Determining KPIs
Upstream and Downstream Petroleum Industry KPIs
6. Petroleum Industry KPIs
Financial measures; Standard accounting ratios; Margin efficiency ratios; Non-financial efficiency measures; Operational petroleum KPIs; Balanced score card for petroleum industry companies; transporters; Distributors, Retailers
7. KPIs for Safety
Cullen Report; Incidents and Accidents (RIDDOR); International Association of Oil and Gas Producers KPIs; Accident monitoring triangle; Asset integrity KPIs; Hydrocarbon releases; Verification non-compliance; Safety critical backlog; Production dashboards
8. Case Studies
British Airways (BA); British Telecom (BT);Tullow Oil; Centrica; Snam; A gas distributor;
Piper Alpha; Talisman Energy; Maersk Oil North Sea Oil Limited; British Petroleum (BP), Texas City and US safety experience; Shell Rigs Global KPIs, contractor management;
9. Designing CSFs and KPIs
Exercises: Designing your own organisation’s CSFs and KPIs; Corporate; Departmental; Individual
Read the Terms and Conditions before booking.